Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Art Deco Poster

 I made an art deco poster for New York City.  First I took the picture of the city and cut out the kid. I then used the picture as the background for the poster.  Then I placed the 'New York' banner on the top of my skyline picture.  After I had that in, I matched the color from the New York banner to the picture of New York to give it an art deco look.  After I had it looking like an art deco poster, I placed the people along the walkway.
I only used the 'New York part of this picture





 This is the tutorial I did.  This is a vintage-looking poster that is supposed to be about world war 2.  I thought it was a good idea to have some experience with a vintage poster for this project.  I think this tutorial helped me understand effects better in photoshop and helped me to make my art deco travel poster.
http://gungurru.com/blog/tutorials/create-a-retro-vintage-wwii-style-poster-a-photoshop-tutorial/#more-357

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Bishop, I would like to secure approval to use your poster as the basis for a website graphic I am making highlighting my band's future show in New York City. Please contact me at braddockstationgarrison@gmail.com. Many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete